The Rocker from ISC can be fitted to and removed from the working rope at any point. It can be used hands-free when traveling up or down the rope. The Rocker is designed for use without a Shock Absorber. The Thumb-catch allows the Rocker to be parked on the rope.
- The Rocker is the original lightweight kernmantle-rope based fall arrest device.
- Features a fixed cam and a tilting cam.
- When the device climbs up and down the rope the cams are ‘loose’ and dont create friction on the rope thereby allowing it to run up and down rope easily.
- In the event of a fall, the person would accelerate past the device thereby activating the cams to lock automatically on to the rope
- There are no sharp teeth to damage the rope
- Rope sheath damage during a dynamic test – therefore a shock absorber is not needed.
- The connection to the person must be quite short – the longer the connecting lanyard, the longer it takes to overtake it!
It also has a parking brake, which is the little grey latch plate. If you mount the Rocker onto a rope then slide the latch plate over you will see that it gently clamps on to the rope. This is great if you want to push it up above head level to a) reduce fall distances and b) reduce the likelihood of grabbing it in a panic situation. In this configuration you can use a longer connecting lanyard up to ~3ft (because it is fall factor 1).
|Height (inches)||4 1/2|
|Width (inches)||2 5/9|
|Weight (ounces)||5 7/9|
|Rope diameter range (mm)||10.5 - 12.7|
|Other component material||Stainless steel|
|MBS (kN)||Dependant on Rope Type|
- Product Type:
- Fall Arrest
- Manufacturer Part Number:
- Country of Manufacture: