PMI's Classic EZ-Bend 16-carrier construction combined with the toughest nylon on the market makes PMI ropes some of the toughest in the world.
Although all diameters of PMI Classic rope are 16-carrier sheath design, the denier (thickness) of each diameter's sheath is different. It is carefully designed to provide the maximum abrasion resistance, "grab" the core to minimize sheath slippage, and provide the desired hand for the intended applications.
- MBS: 42 kN (9442 lbf)
- Weight: 104 g/m
- Diameter: 12.5 mm (1/2")
- Elongation: 1.3% at 300 lbf / 2.9% at 600 lbf / 4.7% at 1000 lbf
- Elongation @ 10% MBS: 4.2%
- Knotability: 1.4
- Shrinkage: 2.7%
- Sheath Content: 41.0%
- Material: Nylon Sheath/Nylon Core
- 16-carrier construction
- Third party certified by UL (Underwriters Laboratories)
- Torsionally balanced, continuous filament nylon