One of the best selling 100% made-in-USA steel carabiners around.
Large Steel Locking D was developed especially for the needs of the fire, rescue, technical, and military communities. With a large (1.20"") gate opening and smooth action that makes attaching to almost anything an easy task.
The components used in this carabiner are meticulously hand-finished prior to final assembly resulting in the smooth, free gate action that is the hallmark of all SMC carabiners. The sleeve locks on the gate rather than the body of the carabiner, eliminating problems of the knob binding on the frame after the carabiner has been loaded. Utilizes stainless steel gates and locking sleeves for smooth action, greater strength, and optimal reliability. Additionally, each carabiner is 100% hand-inspected for gate action and other functional characteristics before leaving our factory.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- UL certified to meet NFPA1983 “G” General Use
- 100% Made in the USA
- Unique “hybrid” construction utilizes stainless steel for gates and other internal parts
- Pins are flush-mounted with gate for a virtually snag-free operation
- Thread design and medium knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands
- Offset D shape results in larger gate opening
- Country of Manufacture:
- Manufacturer Part Number:
- NFPA Certified: